JOIN OUR TEAM!
Interior Designer Assistant & Procurement Manager
Seachange Home, LLC
HOURLY RANGE $25-$45
We are a boutique brick and mortar furniture store and interior design studio located on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands hiring a design assistant and procurement manager.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, creative, and diligent individual.
Given the nature of the business, we need a highly organized self-starter who is able to take ownership of a variety of projects with various deadlines.
Candidate will be responsible for material sourcing and specification, visual research, furniture and accessory ordering, shipping, tracking, and visual and graphic communications, while maintaining budgets and project timelines.
The job is currently being offered hourly, but there is opportunity to expand into a full-time salary position with benefits.
We are offing a flexible schedule requiring some time in the office and some site visits, as well as the ability to work from home quite a bit.
- Create and maintain construction schedules for contractors, product deliveries, and all installation details
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and contractors
- Job site management from construction to installation
- Design and oversee development of custom mill work and furniture
- Select furniture, finishes, accessories, etc. for design of spaces
- Obtain quotes and place purchase orders with vendors
- A positive outlook and strong work ethic
- The ability to communicate openly and positively with all colleagues and partners
- Quick learner with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Suite
- Proficient in Procurement software (Ivy, Studio Designer or similar) a plus
- Respect for the environment and the culture of the Virgin Islands
- US work visa
- English fluency required
- Must be fully vaccinated
Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Please include 3-5 samples of your design work or mood boards you have created (Pinterest boards are OK!)